I have criticized others for personalizing their attacks on Brad.  I have not had
the time to read all of the posts today regarding the IMF.  I did glance at Jim's
note.  While it was harsh, him did make a point about the the way Brad debates.
Brad tends to frame the debate the way he wants, which is his prerogative, but
then he demands that others respond within the framework.

The best way to avoid flame wars is to present your evidence without personally
challenging individuals.  You may respond to a point that they make and explain
your position, but try to keep the personality out of the discussion.

Also Brad tends to him right as if he were a schoolmarm correcting wayward
children.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department