As I recall, Thrasymachus says that justiice is the interest of the stronger
not the right of the stronger. Why would you read it as a statement about
the right of the peasantry and artisans to participate in politics. Surely
Thrasymachus did not take them as the stronger. Thrasymachus and Protagoras
are quite divergent in their political views though both are Sophists.
Thrasymachus's argument is that the the powerful determine the rules and
define "justice" and Plato's arguments against him appear to me as sophistic
idealistic twaddle...successful only because Thrasymachus lacks the skills
to combat Socrates critical questioning. This is not surprising since
Thrasymachus is more or less a creature of  Plato's making in the Republic.
   CHeers, Ken Hanly.