I have not seen much new coming out of this thread for a while.  Maybe I
am missing something, but if not, maybe we should move on.

Perhaps someone could summarize the thread, but it seems to have
degenerated to the point where everyone is calling everyone else
thickheaded or worse.

Working out an environmentally sustainable system of production is bound
to be a wrentching process.  Not doing anything is also destructive --
since we are doing terrible damage to the environment on which we depend.

Simplistic positions [new technology, traditional technology] won't get us
very far.  We need both an understanding of the technological options and
a vision to be able to make people WANT to make changes.  If we cannot
even communicate with each other, then ...

 --
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 530-898-5321