If I read the last series of posts a few weeks back from the USAS mtg.
correcdtly,
one thing stood out re: strategy, namely the  intent to work on sweatshop
struggles that unions are currently engaged in, be they in the States or
abroad. In your schema, the US unions and/or college based anti-sweatshop
activists have stayed stuck in  protectionist
moves and unionists abroad don't support them as a result. However, active
support for actual union struggles abroad would  seem to contradict your
characterization of the current phase of anti-sweatshop struggle.

Steve