"Devine, James" wrote:

> More and more, I think of state bureaucrats and politicians under capitalism
> as a fraction of capital, similar to banking capital. Remember that
> industrial capitalists are willing to give up a part of the surplus-value
> (interest) to the bankers even though the latter don't produce
> surplus-value, since the bankers act as financial intermediaries, easing the

This would fit in with Wood's argument (in _Democracy against
Capitalism_) that capitalism artificially divided the political into the
two separate realms of "the political" and "the economy." If one takes
"politics" to be concerned with the allocation of human activity, then
"economics" is the guise that this political activity takes on under
capitalism. And in the latest stages of capitalism the line has become
thinner and thinner.

Carrol