Title: RE: [PEN-L:28943] Re: Re: liberalism

>>Justin Schwartz wrote:
>>> As I said before, almost everyone here--you too--favors

> > > univ. suffrage ------- Yes [Carrol's response]

> > > extensive civil rights and liberties---- Yes [ditto]

> > > representative govt  ---------  NO [ditto]

Carrol continues:
> >This form of democracy has never produced democracy -- and it never
> >will.

> >It's replacement will have to be worked out in practice -- not from a
> >blueprint I or anyone else can provide at this time.

> >Representative Government can only be a dictatorship of the Capitalist
> >Class.

> As I said, almost everyone. jks

so you're not going to respond to Carrol's critique? it has been one thread of the Marxian tradition for a long time (though not part of the Stalinist or social-democratic traditions and the like) to want to get rid of representative government, to replace it with more profound democracy. What is your response, Justin?

JD