----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis Proyect" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I am quite sure that Toni Negri's terminology stands a very good chance of
> becoming part of everyday academic discourse down the road.

We'll see. What is interesting is the use of metaphors and similes drawn
from biology to think about collective action. This seems radical and novel,
until one remembers that folks like Alfred Marshall spoke of the need to
link economics and other social science disciplines to the biological
sciences via a greater sharing of idioms. In that sense N's stuff is no more
radical than a monograph in Ecological Economics.

Ian