Carl, I smoked a pipe for several decades before quitting -- and I would
be afraid to add up how many thousands of dollars (not covered by
insurance) I have spent on repairing (partly) the damage it did to my
teeth. Right now, I've got a large gap in the front of my mouth (upper)
which has cost me so far %3000 (for the implants) and will cost another
thousand or two for the crowns on the implants. And it will cost me
about $5000 to get the teeth below filled in. Trying to add it up in my
head right now, I must have clsoe to $20,000 dental work in my mouth,
counting only repair of the damage done by holding a pipe between my
teeth.

Carrol

Mark Jones was a pipe smoker.