Ken Hanyl wrote:
THeres that Preacher again.

Were people preaching when they complained about Jurriaan posting too frequently to pen-l? This is an open and democratic forum. People have the right to make comments about the quality and quantity of posts to pen-l, as they would on marxmail or lbo-talk. Speaking of Jurriaan, I find that his posts are consistently informative and substantive. I only wish that average post to pen-l had something half as substantive as Jurriaan's. He organizes his thoughts, writes compellingly and makes sure to back up his arguments with facts.

I honestly think that people who make their living as journalists and
economists view listservs as a kind of upscale chat-room. Since their
writing is something that they make their living by, they perhaps feel like
they are getting ripped off if they don't get paid for writing a five
hundred word post to a listserv that might actually amount to something.
That is really too bad. The Internet is as revolutionary a medium as the
printing press of the Reformation was. Time to get used to that.