At 10:24 AM -0500 11/8/03, Louis Proyect wrote:
The Internet is as revolutionary a medium as the printing press of
the Reformation was. Time to get used to that.

No revolution happens without rich ensembles of personal social networks, though. For all we know, chatting on the Net may be part of revolutionary socializing, a Net equivalent of hanging out at cafes and taverns.

That said, what's the best use of the Net for political organizers
and activists is an interesting question.  In my case, chatting
online helped me get acquainted with a number of activist
intellectuals, expanding my personal speakers' bureau (especially of
excellent left-wing speakers whom I can bring to Columbus for travel
expenses only!) and plugging me into a think tank of voluntary
researchers (in response to most of my queries, I've received many
useful leads and some precise answers, and I've, in turn, tried to
offer what I could).
--
Yoshie

* Calendars of Events in Columbus: