--- Eubulides <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]

Class society is built on the foundation of
exploitation of the many by the few i.e. the
appropriation of the lion's share of the social
product of labour by a ruling class.  From the point
of view of those who might live in a classless
society, this dynamic would likely be viewed as a form
of legalized robbery, sanctified by law and enforced
by the State.

> Proudhon was a great
> rhetorician no doubt, but his arguments simply don't
> fly in the 21st
> century.

I think that you're right about this.  I don't think
that they flew too well in the other centuries either.

> What, if anything, would/could replace contract law
> in the society/ies of
> the future?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know.

If and when Capital as a social relation is
transcended and a classless, Statless society emerges,
I could see some forms of mutual agreement, but none
which would legalize the exploitation of the many by
the few.

YFTSR,
Mike B)

=====
What we found in examining diaries, letters,
autobiographies, pediatric and pedagogical
literature back to antiquity was that good parenting
appears to be something only historically
achieved, and that the further one goes back into
the past the more likely one would be to find
children killed, abandoned, beaten, terrorized
and sexually abused by adults. Indeed, it
soon appeared likely that a good mother,
one who was reasonably devoted to her child
and more or less able to empathize with and
fulfill its needs, was nowhere to be found prior
to modern times. It seemed to me that childhood
was one long nightmare
from which we have only gradually and only
recently begun to awaken.

LLOYD deMAUSE
"Psychohistory and Psychotherapy,"
Foundations of Psychohistory