----- Original Message -----
From: "dmschanoes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Before we go too much further down this dusty trail:

 I have no idea what such societies will look like and how they will
regulate themselves.

But I do know that the  notion of contract is based on private property--
the contradiction between private property and social necessity.

====================

There is no necessary connection between contract and private property. It
behooves us all to get over 19th century legal thinking about the private
and the social. The legal realists did it, so can we.

I do know that contract is in essence the paper reproduction of the
alienation of labor.

==========================

Zzzzzzzzzz.

The end to that alienation requires an end to the conflict between the
means
and relations of production.. or.. as someone who was intimately involved
with the greatest event in human history, the Russian Revolution, put
it....

"soviets plus electrification...."

Yes, and every cook can govern. We will have achieved something really big
when we can say "Every governor  cooks."

dms

A casual perusal of what was meant by *inalienablity* in the 18th and 19th
centuries as well as the philosophical and legal analyses of the term
since then would, in all likelihood, demonstrate just how tired and
non-helpful your use of the term is...........

"Soviets plus genetic algorithms and cellular automata."

How quaint.

Ian