feudalism seems to have been very progressive when it came to developing military
technology (given the low level at which that technology started).

But then again, the word "progressive" is sort of a catch-all. Is it a synonym for
"good"?

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine