From: pen-l-boun...@lists.csuchico.edu
[mailto:pen-l-boun...@lists.csuchico.edu] On Behalf Of Marv Gandall
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:37 PM
To: Progressive Economics
Subject: Re: [Pen-l] Fwd: On Bernie Sanders's "political revolution" | Louis
Proyect: The Unrepentant

On Mar 10, 2016, at 12:16 PM, Charlie <charles1...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "My problem is with his decision [Sanders'] to run as a Democrat."
> Typically, we get "my" instead of "our." Guess what, Senator Sanders
> will never sit down to talk to L.P. (nor me). More importantly, the
> article does a great  job of putting off any newly active fan of
> Sanders who might happen to read it, while it reflects not at all on
> how to work among the millions of Sanders' supporters.
>
> I chatted briefly with a stranger in front of her car bearing a Feel
> the Bern sticker, the day after Sanders' Michigan win. We enjoyed the
> victory for a moment. Then I asked how could Sanders if elected get
> things done. That provided all the opening one needed.

Louis, in the name of Debs, would say your Sanders supporter would be
wasting her vote. She should instead be throwing her support to Green
candidate Jill Stein. I'd put greater odds of your friend engaging with your
question than wanting to pursue his tortured rationale for the Green Party.
Louis puts great store on the Democratic label and history (as though the
Greens would somehow behave differently than other left-centre parties if
they came close to vying for government) while disdaining the unfolding
political differentiation within and around the party and the opportunities
it presents to consistently provide the kind of opening you describe.