On 8/7/07, Gassler Robert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I like to point out the difference between rationality and selfishness, which
> is more often than not conflated in most economic discussions. It is possible
> to be rational and nonselfish.

to economists, as far as I can tell, "rationality" simply means
"consistency." But I used the word "individualistic."  That's another
word that's ambiguous without definition, but I meant "greedy."
--
Jim Devine / "Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti." (Go your own
way and let people talk.) --  Karl, paraphrasing Dante.