On Jul 6, 2006, at 10:18 AM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

* Chris Dolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-07-06 16:30]:
IMHO it likely counts as a CPANTS pass for now, but it may be a
fail in the future unless you update the Makefile.PL with a
newer M::B as bugs are discovered.

To make sure we’re on the same page: that would be bugs in
M::B::Compat, not M::B itself, right? If that isn’t accepted,
then I will revert to EU::MM (with apologies to Schwern) until
you all figure out the damn installers among yourselves.

Yes indeed, that's what I meant. I'm not saying there are M::B::Compat bugs, just *if* any were discovered someday, they could be flagged by CPANTS.

Anywhere you have boilerplate code, you have the possibility of bugs that need to be fixed via the good intentions of authors deploying that boilerplate. M::B- and EU::MM-using authors generally create minimal boilerplate and thus have a central point of upgrade. M::B::Compat is the only exception I could think of, so it became my example in my effort *not* to incite an M::I vs. M::B flamefest. Apologies for any confusion.

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)