On 11/4/06, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd say just check that META.yml conforms to whatever version of the spec it
says it conforms to.  If it doesn't have a version, assume 1.0.

I have to second this.  There really shouldn't be separate "conforms
to 1.0" and "conforms to 1.2" metrics and so on.  What happens as the
spec evolves?  Unless the spec is broken, encouraging specific "latest
spec compliant" is just churn and Kwalitee breaks if there's ever a
change that isn't backwards compatible.  The test should be whether
the META.yml is "well-formed" -- meaning that it's valid according to
the spec that it declares (or 1.0 otherwise).

As a side note, it looks like Ken just released the blead spec as 1.3
and updated the "current" hyperlink to point to the new spec.  I don't
know if any of the release tools output 1.3 yet, but at least the spec
is "official" now.

So, if you want a "bonus point" META.yml spec metric, that should
really be "conforms to current META.yml spec"

Regards,
David

David