Michael G Schwern wrote:
A. Pagaltzis wrote:
* Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006-11-10 19:50]:
The French often type "LICENCE" for "LICENSE", so it might be
good to update the checking code to look for that too. I've got
one of my distributions with that typo.
Not because I really care, but because my county's library is so awesome (Multnomah, ie. Portland) that they give everyone an online OED account. I just wanted to show that off.

 1601 SHAKES. Twel. N. III. ii. 48 Taunt him with the license of Inke.

SHAKESPEARE, BITCHES!

Real men have their own OED at home. And still can't remember when to use licence and license. Or practice and practise. Stupid language.

--
David Cantrell