On Nov 7, 2006, at 6:15 PM, Christopher H. Laco wrote:

I just wanted to get some thoughts on this before I filed a bug report
with either PPI or Perl::Critic:

I'm going through and testing all of my *.t files for RequireTestLabels.
I was humming right along when I ran into an oddity. The newest
Perl::Critic 0.21 + PPI 1.118 complains that the tests don't have
labels, yet they clearly do.

After some tinkering, I stumbled across the culprits:

This causes a RequireTestLabel failure:

is_deeply([$storage->primary_columns], [qw/id otherpk/], 'return DBIC primary keys from schema');

other is_deeply tests pass, like the one before it:

is($storage->_primary_columns, undef, 'no primary columns defined');

I looked through RT, and I don't see anything that really points to
anything on this one in either dist.

Ideas?

This is fixed in the latest PPI developer release v1.199_xx. The array constructor stuff should be perfect. The hash constructor parsing still needs some work to further disambiguate it from anonymous blocks. (like map, grep, eval, sort, etc)

It never hit RT because I just fixed it myself instead of reporting.

Chris

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)