On 8/2/07, David Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Having an actual pod/pod-coverage.t gives a handy place to put those
> customizations.  Yes, some of that could be put in
> "pod_coverage_options" in a config or a ACTION_testpod method, but to
> me, that introduces extra complexity that I don't want cluttering
> Build.PL.

Agreed in all manners. IMHO, Build.PL and Makefile.PL should be kept
as dumb as possible. And easy to be read (and understood).

> Having an "authortest/" directory that gets run with a harness is
> simple and consistent.

There is already a convention that tests go under the "t/" directory
and also that they usually match the glob "t/*.t". I cannot think of
anything simpler and that can possibly works, than to stick the extra
tests into subdirectories of "t/" like chromatic does ( "t/author/*.t"
or "t/developer/*.t" ).

The behavior could be triggered by updating M::B and EUMM to make them
run the extended glob "t/**/*.t" when PERL_AUTHOR_TESTING or
AUTOMATED_TESTING is setted.

Even programmers unaware of such conventions that are trying with the
distribution, will make

$ prove t/author/pod.t

naturally as he/she runs any other tests.