* Andy Lester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-07-30 22:30]:
> On Jul 30, 2007, at 2:46 PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> >
> >>Certainly, the intent is to have boilerplate.t NOT get
> >>shipped with  the module.
> >
> >Disagree. The tarball should contain the full source necessary
> >to recreate everything the author did. Stuff that’s not
> >relevant to end-user installation of the module should simply
> >be kept out of the way.
>
> You can't disagree.  It's a statement of fact that RJBS and I
> did not  intend for boilerplate.t to actually get shipped with
> the module.

I can’t disagree with the fact that this is what you intended,
but I can and do disagree with what you intended.

If the original author feels the boilerplate test is no longer
necessary, then not shipping the file is an automatic consequence
of deleting the file from his own source tree. If the original
author feels the boilerplate test might be useful again in the
future, and hence does not delete it from his own source tree,
then it should ship with the distro as an author test.

There is no good reason to special-case the boilerplate test.

Regards,