On 8/17/07, chromatic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 17 August 2007 09:31:50 Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>
> > chromatic wrote:
>
> > > I've used t/author/ for quite a while without any compatibility issues.
>
> > Right, accept when your t/author tests are tests for you, the author and
> > my t/author tests are for my Author class/classes/pages/etc.
>
> Fair enough, but I'm not sure that this is a place where any heuristic will
> work perfectly.  At some point, I suspect that someone will have to encode
> some information about which tests are functional and which tests are bonus,
> nice-to-know fun.

There was no heuristics before, but running t/*.t (which will leave
alone subdirectories). But according to Ovid some run "recursive"
tests by default
and descend into t/ subdirectories, which is not perfect as chromatic
pointed. They should not do that without discrimination. They could
use some method to determine the full set of tests ( t/**/*.t ) minus
special tests (which could be found in meta-data), constructing a
file-set like:

<fileset dir="t">
    <include name="**/*.t"/>
    <exclude name="author/*.t"/>
</fileset>

That can be done with Ant. Why not do it with Perl?