Michael G Schwern wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> Andy Armstrong wrote:
>>> A valid plan - at the beginning or the end - is required by Test::Harness.
>> yup, I get that.  but that has nothing to do with the Test::More errors
>> that started the thread - I ought to be able to use is() functionality
>> to emit into whatever stream I want and not have it complain about
>> missing plans, especially when Test::Harness will catch malformed TAP
>> and complain anyway... if I decide to send it to Test::Harness, which I
>> may not.
>
> You can turn off all the ending checks with Test::Builder->no_ending(1) and
> the header being printed with no_header(1).  That's what we came up with back
> then.
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qa/2006/07/msg6212.html

yup, I've been doing that.

I guess what I thought you were getting at was a natural decoupling of
comparison functions with the planning without all the hackery involved
to get that sepraration working now.  so I was suggesting that the
decoupling go further than just no_plan, and that yeah, rock on, great
idea.  'tis all :)

--Geoff