# from Michael G Schwern
# on Wednesday 05 December 2007 05:55:

> Give me something concrete, not just "it's better".  I'm going to
> keep drilling through the BS until I either hit bottom or punch
> through.

It allows you to apply the policy "all tests have a plan" at the test
level.  Yes, policy often sounds like BS.

By historical accident Test::More has always applied (albeit not in a
super-formal way) that policy by default.

>About all that's different when the plan is at the end is the TAP
> reader doesn't know how many tests are coming until the end of the
> test.  Then it can't display the expected number of tests while the
> test is running.

Yes.  That leads a shop to implement the policy "all tests must plan".

If you don't want to support that policy-application, fine.  It can be
solved in other ways -- maybe they're cleaner.  A switch in the harness
doesn't seem to be it, but maybe a Test::MustPlan (complete with
syntactic-sugar for the annoying BEGIN thing.)

--Eric
--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not
tried it."