On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:37, Michael G Schwern wrote:

A) Just reserve ASCII [a-z]. This is very easy to check for but I'm worried it's carving out too small a space.
Why would it be too small? I mean, that's a *lot* of words you can use.

I don't have any particular reason. Just a feeling that "7-bit ASCII should be good enough for anyone" is not such a safe position for anything wanting to look forward.

Well, it's not for *everyone*. Just for the folks who are adding keys to TAP itself, which is a pretty small set of people, all things told.

But anyway, I agree that B seems fine and it can always be reduced to A later, provided, of course, that we only use ASCII or Latin-1 characters anyway, which seems quite likely to me.

Best,

David