* On Sun, Jun 29 2008, chromatic wrote:
> However, does making CPAN a better place require publishing a Hall of Shame
> on
> perl.org?
>
>       http://cpants.perl.org/highscores/hall_of_shame

Good point.

The same could be said for CPAN Ratings also.  Why should my module have
1 star next to it because any goof with a web browser can write a
review?  Why is the opinion of someone with no ties to the community
considered relevant enough to show in the search.cpan search results?
(The same goes for positive ratings.  I've seen a lot of high ratings of
modules that are rated highly for no good reason, or rated that way by
its own author.)

I personally don't care and generally ignore the ratings, but it's the
same thing as Kwalitee, except not even objective.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway