Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-29 16:35]:
>> Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
>>> * Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-09-29 14:50]:
>>> On Windows?
>> Windows, as always, is a "special" case. If a work around is
>> necessary for Windows that's fine.
>
> Err, the *only* point of this patch is Windows. The idea was to
> relieve Windows users from having to hack their tar before they
> can use EU::MM to bake distros that the CPAN indexer will not
> reject.
>
> If you propose a “better solution” that doesn’t work on Windows
> then it might be “better” but it fails to be a “solution.”

Allow me to clarify.  I'm fine with putting in code to help Windows users deal
with the world writable issue, that's the work around I was referring to.
This is in contrast to adding in code to strip out the world-writable flag on
Unix, which has perfectly fine facilities to deal with that across the board.

I've kind of lost track of what's being proposed by whom.

--
Life is like a sewer - what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.
    - Tom Lehrer