Questions:

1.  How can I find out why a CPAN testers report is "N/A"?  I'm getting test
failures on Test::Most which are N/A and I don't know why.

2.  To debug the problem, I've rewritten my t/00-load.t to show the version
number of all of the dependencies I specify.  Not all CPAN test reports have
this information.  Should I bug CPAN reporters to upgrade or something?  I
don't know enough about what they do to be sure of the right action here.

More details below, if you're interested.

Cheers,
Ovid

In my Test::Most module, I now have some test code which looks similar to the
following:

    use_ok('Test::Most')
      or BAIL_OUT("Cannot load Test::Most");
    use_ok('Test::Most::Exception')
      or BAIL_OUT("Cannot load Test::Most::Exception");

    diag("Testing Test::Most $Test::Most::VERSION, Perl $], $^X");
    my @dependencies = qw(
      Exception::Class
      Test::Deep
      Test::Differences
      Test::Exception
      Test::Harness
      Test::Simple
      Test::Warn
    );
    foreach my $module (@dependencies) {
        use_ok $module or BAIL_OUT("Cannot load $module");
        my $version = $module->VERSION;
        diag("    $module version is $version");
    }

I'm doing this because of this N/A report:

  http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.cpan.testers/2008/10/msg2452261.html
  http://is.gd/6uf0

That's listing test failures such as:

  t/env_bail.........Can't locate object method "todo_start"
    via package "Test::Builder" at t/lib/OurTester.pm line 68.

I require Test::Simple 0.82 in both the Makefile.PL and Build.PL files and
todo_start is in the Test::Builder which ships with that.  Thus, the above bug
should not occur.

--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/
Tech blog            - http://use.perl.org/~Ovid/journal/