Hi everybody,

On Jan 23, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Ovid wrote:
Well, since the thread was about Eric's method of eliminating 'plan', after you made your explanation, I think it was clear that the proposal would require, as Eric suggested, an alteration to core TAP:

 ok 1
 ok 2
     ok 1
     ok 2
     ok 3
     ok 4
     1..4
 ok 3
 1..3

Based on the recent questions on the TAP mailing list asking about the significance of "1..", I wonder if this could be simplified to:
        TAP version 13
        1..2 # Initialization
        ok 1
        ok 2
        3..6 # Testing individual feeds
        ok 3
        ok 4
        ok 5
        ok 6
        7..7 # Testing cleanup
        ok 7
        0..0 # All done!

Could such subplans be combined into a single, "proper" plan by a pre- processor before being handed over to a TAP consumer? The pre- processor could determine the test suite to have failed unless the final '0..0' appears immediately before the suite exits. This might be a way of doing subplans on the cheap.

Apologies if this has been suggested before.

cheers,
Gaurav