On Jan 22, 2009, at 11:22 PM, Ovid wrote:

Well, since the thread was about Eric's method of eliminating 'plan', after you made your explanation, I think it was clear that the proposal would require, as Eric suggested, an alteration to core TAP:

 ok 1
 ok 2
     ok 1
     ok 2
     ok 3
     ok 4
     1..4
 ok 3
 1..3

With the above, the nested TAP is essentially a 'no_plan' stream which is summarized as 'ok 3'. I *think* this is what Eric was referring to. This does, to an extent, merely push the plan/no_plan issue down a level (how do I know that 4 tests in the nested TAP were the tests which needed to be run?), but it's an interesting idea. (I deliberately included plans to show how the idea could still match our current TAP discussion and not be too far "out there").

Right, and now it's no longer implied. :-)

David