* David E. Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com> [2009-02-06 04:05]:
> On Feb 5, 2009, at 6:23 PM, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>> Or would that be 1..4?  Having an overall plan violation on
>> top of the plan addition failure seems a bit much, because the
>> number of tests run was correct (until we added one of our
>> own).
>
> 1..4? God no. I think this:
>
>  # Planning 2 more tests at foo.t line 3.
>  ok 1 - First test
>  # Looks like you planned 2 tests, but only 1 was run
>  # at foo.t line 6.
>  ok 3 - Second test
>  ok 4 - Third test
>  1..3
>
> That is, all tests should pass, but the test suite itself
> should fail,  just as happens now if you have the wrong number
> of tests. Not sure how you'd show that, though.

++

I didn’t think of it, but now that I see it, that is exactly what
should happen. Only three tests were planned, but the first leg
of the test program did not complete (test 2 is missing) and the
second leg overshot (there’s an extra test 4). That TAP stream
expresses these things precisely with no artificial extra test
results injected.

Regards,