Dear Friends,

I know this is not directly a Unix problem but since this is happening in
Fedora Lenix I though your the best group to help me with this Issue.

I need to execute some root level UNIX commands and access some root level
files from an script that is executed from the web. To be more specific, the
script I am writing needs to restart sendmail. Example of "restartemail.pl":
------------
#!/usr/bin/perl --

use CGI ':standard';

@results = `service sendmail restart`;

print "@results\n";
------------

If I am login in as the root on the server and run this script, IT WORKS
perfectly!

But if I call this script over the web into a browser. It FAILS! because 550
Permission denied (real uid not trusted).

Now, I know that this limitation was set up for my protection, but I am writing
a script that don't let the user do what ever they want. The script is in full
control of what is happing on the server and not the user, so their is really
no real risk hear. I just need to get around this limitation to get the job dun.

Does anyone know how to make this work.

Sincerely,

Nonlin.