Dear Bill,

Thanks for you fast response.

Well, It seems close, but I have not gotten it to work yet.

I made a shell script like you said:
/usr/bin/nltests/restart_sendmail.sh
#!/bin/sh
service sendmail restart
echo dun!!!

I set the permissions to 755
set File owner to root
set File group to root

Modify my script to call it:
@results = `/usr/bin/nltests/restart_sendmail.sh`;

and I am still having the same problem.

I even tried to set the owner and group of the purl script to root

just a little more info

If I run restart_sendmail.sh from a terminal, it works

I wrote a test sh script to just list the directory (ls) and that works when
I call is from my purl script.

So, do you have any other suggestions, or do you notice if you overlooked
something or misunderstood some of your instructions.

Sincerely,

Nonlin