Suresh Govindachar wrote:

> One answer to the question I asked earlier:
>
>   > I would like to show multiple addresses on a map -- from
>   > a "user PC" (rather than from a "web-server").  I am

Why not a webserver on your local PC ?  You can easily install
Apache on your PC from Apache.org.

>   > hoping to have a perl script read in a list of addresses
>   > and generate a html page.  All the input addresses would
>   > be within about 20 miles of each other; and each address
>   > in the list would have a html link associated with it.
>   > Viewing the html page generated by the perl script in a
>   > browser should show a map with markers for each address
>   > in the list.  Clicking on the marker should open a new
>   > browser for the html link associated with that address.
>   >
>   > Can the preceding be done?  Any suggestions?
>
> is WebServer::GoogleMaps.
>
> To install on Windows, just end up with the file
> <path>perl/site/libWebService/GoogleMaps.pm
> Then change line 57 in GoogleMaps.pm from
>     $self->{gm_version} ||= ".1";
>     $self->{gm_version} ||= ".3";
> (Preceding modification is from a post to CPAN::Forum
> by Michael Burns on Sat Jun 18 20:38:18 2005.)
> Then run the two main examples and look at the resulting
> images mymap.png and goodeats.png.

I would consider using HTML::GoogleMaps instead and bring up the
Google map interactive so you can pan and zoom direct from the
Google site.  You can get a free key for your machine (I got one
for 127.0.0.1 and used that on my PC).

--
  ,-/-  __      _  _         $Bill Luebkert    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_/   /  )    // //       DBE Collectibles    Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]