$Bill Luebkert wrote:

Lyle Kopnicky wrote:
Hi folks,

This is just a straight-up Perl question: Is there any advantage to turning a class into a module? Or does it make more sense to put multiple classes in one file? Thanks.

It's easier to keep track of them if they have their own modules.
You can obviously put sub-classes together in one module if it's
convenient, but I can't see why you'd want to combine unrelated
classes/packages in a module.
Thanks for your reply. But supposing I'm going to keep each class in it's own file, what is the advantage of making that file a module? Doesn't that just let me import the methods of the class into my own namespace, from another file? That would be weird - they're supposed to be methods of a class. They belong in the class' namespace, not mine.

Thanks,
Lyle Kopnicky