$Bill Luebkert wrote:
Lyle Kopnicky wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  But supposing I'm going to keep each class in
it's own file, what is the advantage of making that file a module?

Have you read the man pages on modules ?

        perlmod             Perl modules: how they work
        perlmodlib          Perl modules: how to write and use
        perlmodstyle        Perl modules: how to write modules with style
        perlmodinstall      Perl modules: how to install from CPAN
        perlnewmod          Perl modules: preparing a new module for distribution

OK, looking at 'perlnewmod', it has a section called 'What should I make into a module?', which states:

"You should make a module out of any code that you think is going to be useful to others."

That settles my question.  The classes I have written for this project are specific to this project, thus not useful to others.  Thus, I will keep them in .pl files, not try to make modules out of them.
--
Lyle Kopnicky
Software Project Engineer