Well, the two files in question are not huge. They each have one class. What's the difference between require-ing them later, and use-ing them later? Why is it more difficult to require them?

I don't think it's more difficult to call a require(), use() helps in the bigger scheme of things, like determining the scope of your variables and methods, and making sure you package similar functions together. use() also makes sure at compile time that the libraries are available, whereas require() only checks at runtime.

There's more to the difference between the two, and you may want to read up the documentation for the details. It seems that best practices go strongly with use(), and a lot of add-on support are based on that style of development.

I will say that this is not a Perl-thing, but rather a good general software development mindset.

Thanks, but this does seem like a Perl-thing. No other language distinguishes between 'package-in-a-file' and 'module'.

I would say ASP, but ASP does not have a concept of a module...

In my previous email, I was assuming that you simply split all the functions in into 2 files without using packages, and merging them with a require(). If you are already using packages, then go for use().