OK, looking at 'perlnewmod', it has a section called 'What should I make into a module?', which states:

"You should make a module out of any code that you think is going to be useful to others."

That settles my question. The classes I have written for this project are specific to this project, thus not useful to others. Thus, I will keep them in .pl files, not try to make modules out of them.

If this is not your first and last time you're using Perl, then it is a good practice to create modules to group similar functionalities together. Creating a huge .pl file, or lots of .pl files (and require() them later) only makes future debugging and expansion difficult. Creating a module is painless, yet it sets you on the right path for any complexities that may arise.

I will say that this is not a Perl-thing, but rather a good general software development mindset.