I don't have my code here now, but I know that Win32::Printer can work
well with .tif files.

In order to print a .tif file, you need the FreeImage.dll library
(freely available from sourceforge).
My first idea is that you may not have that, or your Win32::Printer may
not have been built with that. I'm not sure if the CPAN available
modules were built with FreeImage. If not, it must have been easy to
build them with mingw, since that's how I would have done it.

I'll look at my code at my other computer tomorrow, if I can, and let
you know if any other ideas jump out at me.

Ed Z