Brad Baxter wrote:

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, paul POULAIN wrote:

You will say : "hay, but i still need to login. And i don't need login".

I'll answer => ok, go to : Koha >> Parameters >> System preferences >>
insecure >> set to "1" (or "yes", not sure),
and it's done => no more auth check :-)

And you have a nice GUI to create your biblios (and a highly
customizable one !)

Hi, I may be misinterpreting, but wouldn't that open the edit function to
the world?

you're right.
But note the parameter is called "insecure" :-)
It's NOTE done for a public webserver. And imho, it's a very very bad idea to set insecure=yes (anywhere, not only in Koha...) But someone wanted this with Koha, so he got it (note you auth can also be done through .htaccess, and in this case, insecure=yes mean => security checked somewhere else)

--
Paul POULAIN