On May 3, 2006, at 8:55 AM, Mark Jordan wrote:
I think it should mean "the zeroth occurrence of subfield 'u'", since specifying which of a repeated group of subfields is a realistic task, as you say. For example, each record has two 'u's but all of the first ones are garbage.

Actually 'pos' as implemented will remove the subfield u if it is at position n in the field. So we could have occurrence too. I feel like I'm chasing windmills a bit. Do y'all really *need* all this functionality in delete_subfield() :-) I guess you do or else you wouldn't be so interested in asking for it.

I didn't implement the -1 behavior because i wasn't quite sure how to do it quickly, and it seemed like too much somehow.

//Ed