+1

I like Leif's proposal. It also might be useful to allow "code" to accept multiple values.

-Tim

Timothy Prettyman
LIT/LIbrary Systems
University of Michigan

On May 1, 2006, at 5:41 PM, Leif Andersson wrote:

+1

"count" can possibly be complemented or replaced with occurrence as suggested.
It'd be nice to be able to denote last occurrence [-1].
And I suppose the indexing should be based on ordinary perl subscript indexing - i.e. governed by the value of special variable $[

$field->delete_subfield( code => $code,      # of course
occur => [0,2,3], # "occur" or "pos" or whatever... match => qr/pat/, # doesn't need to be repeatable
                       );

Leif
Leif Andersson, Systems Librarian
Stockholm University Library