On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 05:49:05PM -0600, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> >On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 07:42:32PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
> >Like any other environment variable which the admin wants to be
> >everywhere, put it in /etc/profile.  A well configured system will
> >handle it from there.
>
> Not all shells -- nor shell invocations -- attend to that file.

Yeah, well, that's not my problem that people don't use the One True
Shell. ;)

Actually, there is a utility out there for universal shell
configuration.  I've forgotten what its called, though. :(

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse

the real ttys became pseudo ttys and vice-versa.