Jeremy Howard wrote:

>   148: Change to Numeric Python semantics of reshape(), or write counter-RFC
> specifying these semantics (preferably renaming this RFC's 'reshape' to
> something else)

> I'm happy to work on 204, 82, 90/91, and 148 (Nate--I don't think we've
> resolved this one yet...).

The main thing I like about RFC 148's reshape over NumPy's is that it
serves as a general-purpose operator - like splice - off of which all
other operators can be based. That's pretty cool.

There are a couple things that the NumPy one lacks that RFC 148
currently has:

   1. Arbitrary Interleaving

   2. A way to specify multiple @arrays, i.e.

      @new = reshape $x,$y,$i, @a, @b, @c;    # RFC 148

Now, if we're looking for a new, more compact syntax, let's make arg one
an arrayref of dimensions:

      @new = reshape [$x,$y,$i], @a, @b, @c;

That looks remarkably similar to NumPy's, plus it can take multiple
arrays, even defaulting to @_. And I can change the "wildcard" from 0 to
-1, just like NumPy's.

Sound good?

-Nate