From: Myers, Dirk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Maybe I'm reading too much into the comment, but I thought
> the big deal was that the example given was not only
> verbose, but wouldn't parse correctly:
>
> (from the section you elided:)

> Whoops.   We need a </Maintainer> tag there.

Yes, and it'd be patently obvious to the parser where the problem is and
easier to generate a specific and meaningful warnings to boot.

Not to mention if you use a gui editor incorporated color coding, it'd be
easier to read and see errors. Emacs cPerl doesn't handle pod very well...
anyone know why that is?

> True.  And the fact that the example wasn't written properly isn't a
> conclusive proof that it's not easy to do. But it isn't exactly an
> encouraging sign, either.

Can you see the problematic extra space here? No... I didn't think so...

=pod

=head1 Header

=cut