On 2 Oct 2000, at 21:04, Adam Turoff wrote:

> If you want to use XML, Latex, Texinfo or raw *roff for your docs,
> then by all means do so.  Understand that Perl can't be made to
> magically ignore embedded Texinfo, and Perl contributors realistically
> can't be made to understand/patch/correct multiple markup formats.

I believe Perl can still embed raw *roff. IIRC, in Perl 1, POD hadn't
been invented, and Larry used raw *roff inside Perl code. However, I
don't think this practice is encouraged these days ;)

Cheers,
Philip
--
Philip Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I appreciate copies of replies to my messages to Perl6 lists.