Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm beginning to loathe software licenses in a *big* way, and I'm a half
> step away from saying to hell with it all and going fully public domain.
> (Or at least pushing for it, as I don't control perl's licensing terms)

Public domain has it's own troubles too.  To be safe in doing a public
domain license, we'll need to get copyright disclaimers from everyone who
contributes code (and possibly their employers).  Otherwise, someone could
come along later and legally claim copyright on some part.

> Liceses. Bletch.

Don't blame the licenses, blame the copyright law that makes them an
unfortunate necessity in many cases.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature