[Snipped perl-internals, this is off topic there]

Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I do not think that Bradley is suggesting that Perl would "go more GPL",
> because that would be indefensibly insane.

That is correct.  Someone else did propose that, and it forked a tangent
about defensibility of licenses.

> Bradley is proposing that Perl should continue to be licensed under the
> GPL *and* a free license, such as the Artistic License, but he's saying
> that the AL needs a lot more tightening up so that it is legally
> enforcable. I think this makes a lot of sense.

Yes.  I wrote an RFC about this, which you should be able to find in the RFC
archives.  I don't have the number handy, but it is in the two-hundreds,
IIRC.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature