Lightning flashed, thunder crashed and [EMAIL PROTECTED] whispered:
| To make a simple loop, Perl offers you: for, foreach, while, until,
| {redo}, map, grep, //g, goto and recursion. Which 9 of them do you
| propose to drop from the language so Perl causes less confusion?
|
| There Is More Than One Way To Do It is an official Perl slogan, and
| now you are claiming this a *bad* thing? Oh my.

There's a quote "contest" going on over in -internals, so I just can't help
myself:

Although the Perl Slogan is There's More Than One Way to Do It, I hesitate
to make 10 ways to do something.  :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Not that I think time() should be moved out of the core.  There are much
bigger "dead" fish to fry.

-spp