At 01:36 PM 3/2/2001 -0500, Andy Dougherty wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Dan Sugalski wrote:
>
> > =head2 Intger data types
> >
> > Integer data types are generically referred to as C<INT>s. There is an
> > C<INT> typedef that is guaranteed to hold any integer type.
>
>[gazing into crystal ball . . . ] I predict some header somewhere is going
>to already #define "INT".  Perhaps PERL_INT and PERL_NUM ?

Good point. We should probably prefix all perl 6's data types and functions
like we do in perl 5. Perl_ for functionish things, PL_ for dataish things.

>Do you also want an unsigned variant?  (trying to spare Nick some of
>the sign preservation madness he's currently battling in perl5.)

Well, we've got an unsigned version of the native type, but I don't see
much point in one for the bigint--one bit in a fixed 32 (or 16, or 64)
makes a difference, but one bit in some variable-length integer doesn't
seem to be really worth the extra trouble.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk